German Attorney at Law
Attorney Philipp Hornung works in WINHELLER’s tax law department. Based at the firm’s headquarters in Frankfurt, he advises companies, nonprofit organizations and wealthy individuals on all aspects of tax law. In addition, he specializes in the fields of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology. Besides his advisory tasks, he also represents our clients’ tax-related interests in appeal procedures and proceedings before the fiscal courts.
Furthermore, Philipp Hornung deals with general civil-law cases. He prepares expert reports, comments, and statements in judicial and extrajudicial procedures and brings legal action, where appropriate.
Attorney Philipp Hornung studied at the Faculty of Law and Economics of the University of Bayreuth. He completed his legal internship at the Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt am Main. As this practical training also involved stages at a medium-sized accounting firm and the fiscal authorities of Hesse, he was able to expand his knowledge in tax law during that period. At the same time, he successfully completed a training course for attorneys specializing in tax law. He will soon pursue a master’s degree in tax sciences at the University of Münster.
- Compagnie de SAINT-GOBAIN
Comprehensive legal advice on property issues as well as on the law of associations. The core element of this mandate is the expansion of a relief fund as well as the formation of reserves.
- Initial Coin Offerings und Steuern, Benjamin Kirschbaum, Jürgen Schwendemann, Philipp Hornung and Stefan Winheller, Frankfurt School Blockchain Center, Working Paper, February 2020
- Spenden in Kryptowährungen, Philipp Hornung, npoR, 1/2020, p. 11ff.
- Wie viel Politik verträgt das Gemeinnützigkeitsrecht?, Philipp Hornung and Alexander Vielwerth, DStR, 29/2019, p. 1497ff.
- Erleichterte Belastung - Berufsverbände, Philipp Hornung and Stefan Winheller, Datev-Magazin, 1/2019, p. 25-27
- Engagierte unter Druck – Attac-Urteil: Ein Angriff oder nur Rechtsanwendung?, Johannes Fein and Philipp Hornung, F.A.Z., 20.03.2019
Associations and Volunteering
- German Bar Association
- Tax Law Group of the German Lawyers' Association
Continuous TrainingHolder of DAV Certificates 2016-2018
Among 398 companies, WINHELLER has made it into the 2020 best list in the field of tax law.
The JUVE handbook taxes 2020 recommends WINHELLER in the category of high net worth private individuals.
WINHELLER is listed as one of Germany's top tax law firms in the field of "Nonprofit and Foundations".