14 Years WINHELLER – Our Development
On January 12, 2020, we celebrated the fourteenth anniversary of our law firm. For this reason, we want to provide a short overview over the past years:
- Top 2 in the nonprofit sector – Handbook of law firms "Legal 500 Germany 2019"
- Focus award "Top SME Employer 2019"
- Firm trip to Oslo
- Employee anniversary - 4 times 5 years WINHELLER
- Focus award "Top Business Law Firm 2018" in tax law
- Inhouse event on Blockchain in cooperation with the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC)
- 12 years online magazine "nonprofit law news" having around 2,400 readers
- Firm trip to St. Petersburg
- Baby boom: This year, 8 babies "joined" our team.
- Expansion of our office space in the Tower 185 to about 1,400 m²
- Development of the focus on IT law and M&A
- Sponsorship of various events, such as the 2nd ScaleUp Summit in Berlin
- Firm trip to Lisbon
- 10th anniversary of the firm's foundation
- Meanwhile, over 30 employees, including 13 attorneys-at-law
- Active co-operations with around 200 law firms in 55 countries
- More than 35,000 euros of donated funds and regular pro bono activity
- 10 years online magazine "nonprofit law news" (NPR) having around 1,800 readers
- Relocation of the headquarters to Tower 185:
Around 1,000 m² of office rooms in Germany's fourth largest high-rise building awarded with the international Green Building Certificate "LEED gold" of the US Green Building Council
- First inclusion in the internationally renowned guide to the legal profession "Legal 500 Germany": Ranked top 5 in the nonprofit sector: Counseling
- Admission as a member of Pro Bono Deutschland e.V.
- Increase of professional malpractice insurance coverage to 10 million euros per case.
- Inclusion in the Nomos handbook "Law Firms in Germany":
"WINHELLER has established and distinguished itself as a "one-stop-shop" for medium-sized companies, nonprofit organizations, the state sector, and investors. The law firm offers its international clientele legal and tax advice from one source and its nonprofit law practice is one of the leaders in Germany."
- First inclusion in the handbook "Media Law International":
"WINHELLER is appointed by domestic and overseas clients in relation to the protection and enforcement of their intellectual property, copyrights and neighboring rights in motion picture and music publishing industries, among others."
- Foundation of the international network "Digital Finance Lawyers"
- The German consumer foundation "Stiftung Warentest" lists WINHELLER as specialists in revocation of credit cases.
- August: First firm trip for all employees to Barcelona, Spain
- December: As the law-firm continues to grow, its headquarters move to new offices in the Frankfurt Europaviertel (Europa-Allee 22, 60327 Frankfurt/Main).
- Meanwhile, 20 employees, including eight attorneys-at-law and one tax advisor
- Change of business name to "WINHELLER Rechtsanwälte & Steuerberater"
- September: Contribution of the law firm to WINHELLER Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
- Meanwhile, 18 employees, including seven attorneys-at-law
- First inclusion in Germany's most renowned handbook to law firms "JUVE Handbook of Commercial Law Firms": „There is a brisk demand for Winheller from financial service providers seeking advice to prevent possible complaints."
- July: WINHELLER is the first continental European member of the US law firm network „Primerus“.
- Rent of office rooms in business centers in Munich, Berlin, and Hamburg.
- May: WINHELLER Attorneys at Law move to first office in the Frankfurt Westend district (at Corneliusstraße 34, 60325 Frankfurt/Main).
- Meanwhile, 11 employees, including 6 attorneys-at-law
- Setting up a tax department specializing in advising nonprofit organizations
- June: WINHELLER is ranked among the Top 10 German law firms with the best start-up concept as part of the Soldan Law Firm Founders Prize awarded by the German bar association, the Federal Chamber of Attorneys, FAZ newspaper, and Hans Soldan GmbH
- 12.01.2006: Stefan Winheller establishes the law firm WINHELLER Rechtsanwälte in Frankfurt/Main specializing in the practice areas of nonprofit law, capital investment law and industrial property rights.
- September: Irina Winheller joins the law firm and takes responsibility for finance, EDP and controlling.
- October: Commencement of the exclusive co-operation on capital investment law and US class-action suits with KTMC LLP (formerly: Schiffrin Barroway Topaz Kessler, LLP) one of the largest and most successful law firms for class-action suits in the USA
- Stefan Winheller is admitted to practice law in Germany as a "Rechtsanwalt" (attorney-at-law). This is followed by an independent professional activity as an attorney-at-law in particular specializing in nonprofit law.