German Tax Advisor
Jörn Maus has been supporting our team since 2012 and as a German Certified Tax Advisor he is responsible for the preparation of financial accounting, annual financial statements and company tax returns as well as tax and business management consulting for nonprofit organizations. He and his team of seven employees provide advice in particular to associations (nonprofit associations and professional organizations), clubs, nonprofit foundations and nonprofit corporations (gGmbHs, gAGs, gUGs) on all tax and business management issues as well as the annual declaration tasks.
Many special features of nonprofit tax law are part of his daily agenda, including
- the recording of public subsidies or funds from abroad,
- the distinction between special-purpose operations on the one hand and taxable commercial operations on the other,
- sales tax exemption regulations,
- unintentional establishment of economic business operations through company splitting and
- violations of the requirements of the law on nonprofit organizations in the course of ongoing business operations.
Another part of his daily business is his role as contact person for our nonprofit legal team in all nonprofit-relevant questions of ongoing declarations and organizational tax advice. As an intermediary between tax and law, Jörn Maus ensures smooth interdisciplinary cooperation between our tax department and our team of attorneys.
In addition to his specialization in nonprofit organizations, German Certified Tax Advisor Jörn Maus also advises commercial companies, especially those that trade in cryptographic currencies or have to report cryptographic currencies in their balance sheets. He is responsible for the preparation of bookkeeping, annual financial statements and tax returns as well as tax and business management consulting for commercial cryptotraders based in Germany.
In order to ensure that processes are always state-of-the-art and run as efficiently as possible, both for us as well as for our clients, Jörn Maus also focuses on future-oriented topics such as the digitalization and automation of tax consulting services and ongoing accounting activities.
In his spare time, Jörn Maus is involved in the management board of various nonprofit associations, including the voluntary fire brigade association in his home town. This is also where he is actively participating as a fire fighter.
- Tax law
- Nonprofit Law
- Annual financial statements and tax returns
- Business management consulting
- Company audits
- Tax valuation of cryptocurrencies
- Bitwala GmbH
- Dash Embassy D-A-CH UG
- First Coin GmbH
Associations and Volunteering
- Institute of Tax Accountants in Hesse e.V.
Continuous TrainingCertificate of Continuing Education Tax - DATEV