WINHELLER is one of the leading legal and tax consulting firms for domestic and global non-profit organizations and foundations. We also advise in wealth and estate planning matters, most notably in cross-border situations. In addition, our commercial, corporate and tax lawyers handle a broad range of international M&A and transactional matters for startups as well as medium-sized businesses with a particular focus on innovative industries and sectors, including crypto assets.
We are a member of a strong international network of law firms and we are regularly featured in the JUVE Handbook of Commercial Law Firms as well as in Legal 500.
We are currently seeking a
Paralegal (U.S. Desk)
to join our team in Frankfurt a.M., Germany.
- Communicating with German and English speaking clients, including preparing for and following up on telephonic and personal meetings
- Professionally and proficiently handling internet, telephonic or email inquiries as well as chats
- Assisting attorneys with their matters and caseloads, also on an ad hoc basis
- Creating and maintaining case files
- Managing caseload under supervision
- Recognizing the legal and practical issues associated with the matter and the appropriate action to be taken at each stage
- Managing client expectations by discussing deadlines, costs and timing with the client
- Ensuring matters are dealt within a timely manner
- Coordinating case work with other specialists, such as translators and proofreaders
- Invoicing and billing management
- Time- and recordkeeping
As they relate to U.S. immigration work
- Interviewing clients for background information needed to obtain a visa
- Drafting and completing petitions and applications, gathering supporting documents for a client’s immigration or visa application, including foreign documentation, and coordinating such paperwork
- Legal research on law as related to immigration
- Updating clients as to the status of their application
We offer you:
- Attractive remuneration commensurate to your qualifications and experience, including bonuses
- A committed, collegial, interdisciplinary team
- A high level of responsibility from the outset, commensurate with your qualifications
- A modern individual office space in a central location in Frankfurt Tower 185 ("PwC Tower", walking distance from the Messe Frankfurt and main station)
- Long-term career prospects
- Extensive training opportunities
- Certification as a U.S. or German paralegal or legal assistant or equivalent qualification(s) or experience
- Perfect English and German language skills, preferably native tongue
- Independent, diligent and reliable working style, self-motivated, willing to assume responsibility
- Open-minded, confident and professional appearance
- Service-orientated, entrepreneurial mind-set
- Strong communication skills, organizational talent, team player, decisive
- Very good working knowledge of MS Office; DATEV skills desirable
Is this the job for you? If so, please contact Irina Winheller at: firstname.lastname@example.org or +49(0)69 / 76 75 77 80. Please send your file attachments in PDF format.
We look forward to hearing from you!