German Attorney at Law
Korean, German, English
Ikze Cho heads the Korean Desk, cooperating with his law firm D'Light TNBT Startup Legal and Tax. He primarily advises EU-based Korean and Japanese tech startups and corporations - both subsidiaries and parent companies.
Ikze Cho has extensive experience in technology, corporate governance, business, and real estate transactions. In addition, he specializes in Korean InsureTech and FinTech startups, as well as private foundations for high net worth individuals. He mainly advises on corporate law, data protection law, tax law, banking law and insurance law.
In addition to his work at our law firm, Ikze Cho has been leading "The Next Big Thing" project since 2019 to support Korean startups in the EU. This has resulted in his own law firm "TNBT Startup Legal and Tax".
Ikze Cho served as a lecturer at the Law School of Chung-Nam University in Daejon, Korea, as well as at Handong International Law School. He taught Korean law at the Ludwigshafen University of Business and Society, Germany, from 2020 to 2022.
Prior to joining WINHELLER, Ikze Cho worked in Munich, Seoul and Frankfurt/Main for major law firms as a partner or attorney and advised well-known Korean corporations. He is married and has three adult children.
- Korea-related legal issues
- Startup related legal issues
- Data Protection
- Intellectual Property
- Tax Law
- International Tax Law
- Banking law
- Insurance Law
Associations and Volunteering
- Frankfurt/Main Bar Association
- German-Korean Lawyers Association (DKJV)
- German-Japanese Lawyers Association (DJJV)
- Korean IP Professionals in the EU (KIPEU)
- Association of Intellectual Property Professionals (VPP)
- Ongoing consulting for a Korean subsidiary
- Data protection consulting for a Korean subsidiary
- Tax structuring advice for Korean startups
- Patent infringement proceedings, defense of a manufacturer of a Korean cleaning robot against a U.S. market leader
- Support of the first Korean Insurtech in EU
- Drafting a concept paper for a Korean neobank in the EU
- Advising on the purchase and sale of real estate for the EU headquarters of a Korean group
- Comprehensive accompanying advice on the market launch of a group subsidiary
- IPR advice and registration of EUIPO trademarks
- IPR and Digital Health Care in Germany, Korean Trade-Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA), 2022
- European Family Foundations for Korean HNWI, Zoom lecture for Korean Entrepreneurs, Microprotect Korea, 2022
- Establishing Korean Banks in the EU for Korean Startups, Zoom Lecture for Korean Entrepreneurs, Microprotect Korea, 2022
- Korea-EU IPR License Royalty Taxation, Zoom Lecture for Korean law firms, 2022
- IPR Infringement Disputes, Korean Trade-Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA), 2021
- GDPR in EU, 14-part newspaper series for Korean companies in the EU, Korean weekly Kyoposhinmun, 2022
- License Agreements, Korean-English edition, Bubyoungsa, Pagenberg, Cho, 2006
Do you need support?
Do you have questions about our services or would you like to arrange a personal consultation? We look forward to hearing from you! Please fill in the following information.
Or give us a call: +49 69 76 75 77 80