German and international tax law is very complex. Laws and regulations are adapted constantly. Whether you are planning or growing your German business activities, our specialized tax attorneys and tax accountants can guide you through the jungle of German tax law and help make your business activities in Germany compliant and more efficient. WINHELLER has a broad understanding of international tax matters and has served a large number of international corporate clients from diverse industries, including financial services providers, nonprofits, religious organizations and private foundations, as well as high net-worth individual taxpayers.
Our tax and accounting services inclue:
- Tax and financial accounting for business companies (including compliance with German, US-GAAP, IFRS and other reporting standards)
- Payroll accounting
- Tax returns
- Annual financial statements
- International tax planning and optimization (including tax evaluations of all relevant options for doing business in Germany, e.g. subsidiaries, branch offices, representative offices and permanent establishments)
- Tax due diligences for M&A transactions
- Transfer pricing for international corporate clients doing cross-border business
- Representation before the German Revenue Service and litigation before all German tax courts
- Representation in matters involving prosecution for tax fraud or tax crimes
- Customs law
- Tax accounting for nonprofit organizations and private foundations
- Drafting equivalency affidavits for German recipient organizations on behalf of U.S. private foundations
- and many more…
Companies we have advised when they first began doing business in Germany (e.g. by helping them set up a subsidiary, drafting employment contracts and intercompany contracts etc.) also often rely on WINHELLER for tax consulting services, which are provided by our experienced international tax team.
Planning ahead in this manner avoids problems and saves costs down the line. Some of the tax issues that should be dealt with early through proactive tax planning include:
Loans and financing:
- How to finance the German subsidiary (loan or equity)?
Director pay and payroll:
- Is there a limit as to the managing director's salary?
- Is the managing director required to pay German social security taxes?
- How should the German Revenue Service's catalog of detailed questions be answered after the company has been incorporated?
- How should the rendering of services or the delivery of goods to the German company (or to the parent company abroad) be invoiced and what prices should be applied?
Learn more about German income and corporate income taxation:
We are proud authors of the German chapters of the renowned LexisNexis Matthew Bender publication “Foreign Tax and Trade Briefs”, which covers the latest tax information for 128 countries including Germany. You can order your copy on www.lexisnexis.com.
WINHELLER is a full service business law firm as well as a full service tax consultancy located in Germany that has proven very effective for international clients entering the German market or doing business in Germany. By working as a team, our accountants and attorneys can offer you one-stop-shop services taking into account all relevant tax and legal issues – ranging from corporate law and customs law to banking and finance law. The teamwork between our German tax attorneys and tax accountants also ensures that we have a hands-on understanding of how your business works. This allows us to provide commercially viable legal and tax advice your company will benefit from.
We consider ourselves a central contact point for all of our clients' legal and tax issues. And we pride ourselves on short and well-established lines of communication both internally and between our clients and us.
A very significant cost factor in legal and tax consulting is the amount of time spent on communication, research and case development. If companies retain two different firms to handle their legal and tax consulting, the amount of time spent on these matters can easily double.
Duplicating communication, research and case development efforts is not just highly inefficient and very expensive: it is also prone to errors. Thus, in our experience, tax and legal advice should come from a single source.
If you already have a tax accountant and are pleased with his services, we are happy to limit our services to legal matters. However, if you are not satisfied with your current accountant, we can make the process of transferring your tax return, accounting and payroll matters to WINHELLER fast and painless. Receiving legal, accounting and tax advice from a single source will result in strategic and cost advantages that you should not do without.
We pride ourselves on providing specialized international tax advisory services at reasonable and competitive rates. For any ongoing accounting work, drafting of tax returns and annual financial statements, we either charge rates pursuant to the official German Tax Consultants' Fee Ordinance, or by the hour. In appropriate cases we can also offer all-inclusive fixed prices. Our legal work is generally charged on an hourly rate basis if we do not agree on a fixed fee with you.
Our highly experienced team for German tax law and accounting consists of
- Tax Attorney Stefan Winheller (Certified Specialist for Tax Law)
- Tax Attorney Uwe Müller,
- Tax Attorney Dr. Thomas Dehesselles (Certified Specialist for Tax Law),
- Tax Attorney Johannes Fein (Certified Specialist for Tax Law),
- Tax Attorney Bartosz Dzionsko,
- Tax Attorney Philipp Hornung,
- Tax Attorney Christian Kempges,
- Tax Attorney Benjamin Kirschbaum,
- Tax Attorney Susanne Articus,
- Tax Attorney and Tax Advisor Lars-Olaf Leskovar,
- Jürgen Schwendemann (German Tax Advisor),
- Christoph Henneke (German Tax Advisor),
- Jörn Maus (German Tax Advisor),
- Sabrina Giebel (Tax Accountant Assistant, Payroll Accountant),
- Alexa Zitzer (Tax Accountant Assistant),
- Irina Stroevic (Tax Assistant, Payroll Accountant),
- Jan Fönders (Tax Assistant),
- Eva Finder (Accountant),
- Petra Scholz (Tax Accountant Assistant), and
- Erik Stephan (Tax Assistant).
If you want to learn more about how we can serve you and your company, please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail (email@example.com) or by phone (+49 (0)69 76 75 77 80) and we will be happy to discuss your needs and provide you with a quote for our tax and accounting services. Feel free to contact us in English, Russian or German, whichever is most convenient to you.