Tax Accounting And Tax Advice in Germany
German tax attorneys and tax accountants provide advice on German and international tax
German and international tax law is very complex. Laws and regulations are adapted constantly. Whether you are planning or growing your German business activities, our specialized tax attorneys and tax advisors can guide you through the jungle of German tax law and help make your business activities in Germany compliant and more efficient.
Our tax and accounting services
Our accounting and tax law services include:
- Tax and financial accounting for business companies (including compliance with German, US-GAAP, IFRS and other reporting standards)
- Payroll accounting
- Tax returns
- Annual financial statements
- International tax planning and optimization (including tax evaluations of all relevant options for doing business in Germany, e.g. subsidiaries, branch offices, representative offices and permanent establishments)
- Tax due diligences for M&A transactions
- Transfer pricing for international corporate clients doing cross-border business
- Representation before the German Revenue Service and litigation before all German tax courts
- Representation in matters involving prosecution for tax fraud or tax crimes
- Customs law
- Tax accounting for nonprofit organizations and private foundations
- Drafting equivalency affidavits for German recipient organizations on behalf of U.S. private foundations
- and many more…
Your benefits of working with us:
Proactive tax planning avoids problems
Companies we have advised when they first started their business in Germany (e.g. by helping them set up a subsidiary, drafting employment contracts and intercompany contracts etc.) also often rely on us for tax consulting services, which are provided by our experienced international tax team.
Planning ahead in this manner avoids legal problems and saves costs down the line. Some of the tax issues that should be dealt with early through proactive tax planning include:
Loans and financing:
- How to finance the German subsidiary (loan or equity)?
Director pay and payroll:
- Is there a limit as to the managing director's salary?
- Is the managing director required to pay German social security taxes?
- How should the German Revenue Service's catalog of detailed questions be answered after the company has been incorporated?
- How should the rendering of services or the delivery of goods to the German company (or to the parent company abroad) be invoiced and what prices should be applied?
German tax and legal advice from a single source
WINHELLER is a full service business law firm as well as a full service tax consultancy located in Germany that has proven very effective for international clients entering the German market or doing business in Germany. By working as a team, our tax consultants can offer you one-stop-shop services taking into account all relevant tax and legal issues - ranging from corporate law and customs law to banking and finance law. The teamwork between our German tax attorneys and tax advisors also ensures that we have a hands-on understanding of how your business works. This allows us to provide commercially viable legal and tax advice your company will benefit from.
We are a central contact point for all of our clients' legal and tax issues and we pride ourselves on short and well-established lines of communication both internally as well as between our clients and us.
Learn more about German income and corporate income taxation:
We are proud authors of the German chapters of the renowned LexisNexis Matthew Bender publication “Foreign Tax and Trade Briefs”, which covers the latest tax information for 128 countries including Germany. You can order your copy on www.lexisnexis.com.
Why tax and legal?
A very significant cost factor in legal and tax consulting is the amount of time spent on communication, research and case development. If companies retain two different firms to handle their legal and tax consulting, the amount of time spent on these matters can easily double.
Duplicating communication, research and case development efforts is not just highly inefficient and very expensive: it is also prone to errors. Thus, in our experience, tax and legal advice should come from a single source.
Ready for a change?
If you already have a tax advisor in Germany and are pleased with his services, we are happy to limit our services to legal matters. However, if you are not satisfied with your current accountant, we can make the process of transferring your tax return, accounting and payroll matters to WINHELLER fast and painless. Receiving legal, accounting and tax advice from a single source will result in strategic and cost advantages that you should not do without.
Statutory, hourly and fixed fees
We pride ourselves on providing specialized international tax advisory services at reasonable and competitive rates. For any ongoing accounting work, drafting of tax returns and annual financial statements, we either charge rates pursuant to the official German Tax Consultants' Fee Ordinance, or by the hour. In appropriate cases we can also offer all-inclusive fixed prices. Our legal work is generally charged on an hourly rate basis if we do not agree on a fixed fee with you.
Our German CPAs and attorneys for German tax law
Partner, German Attorney at Law, LL.M. Tax (GGU, CA, USA), Certified Specialist for Tax Law
Dr. Thomas Dehesselles
German Attorney at Law, Certified Specialist for Tax Law, Certified Specialist for Sports Law
If you want to learn more about how we can serve you and your company, please do not hesitate to contact our highly experienced team for German tax law and accounting by e-mail (email@example.com) or by phone (+49 69 76 75 77 80). We will be happy to discuss your needs and provide you with a quote for our tax and accounting services.
Feel free to contact us in English, Russian or German, whichever is most convenient to you.
Do you need support?
Do you have questions about our services or would you like to arrange a personal consultation? We look forward to hearing from you! Please fill in the following information.
Or give us a call: +49 69 76 75 77 80