German Corporate Law
Legal counsel by German corporate law attorneys
Are you running a business in Germany? Are you planning on selling goods or services in Germany? Or do you want to set up a German subsidiary? Whatever your goal or stage of development, our corporate law attorneys can provide legal and tax services to minimize legal risks and ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations in Germany.
Start a business in Germany
In addition to a good idea, funds and a business plan, anyone starting a business in Germany must select an appropriate legal form for their company. German corporate law does not recognize the concept of a representative office. German law does, however, offer a variety of legal structures, including
- the German Limited Liability Company (Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung, GmbH) and
- the German Stock Corporation (Aktiengesellschaft, AG).
The selection of an appropriate German legal structure is for example based on your business activities, tax implications and long term financial and business goals. A corporate business lawyer can evaluate all of the relevant factors and help you select a legal form that best meets the needs of your particular project.
Corporate compliance management
Corporations doing business in Germany are required to take into account and comply with German corporate compliance management standards. These standards vary depending on the industry or the customer base of the company. Our corporate attorneys can explain which regulations are relevant to your business and can help you set up policies and procedures to satisfy those regulations.
Transactions and reorganization of companies in Germany
Whenever a company intends to
- purchase or sell a corporation,
- restructure or reorganize itself or
- engage in other major transactions in Germany,
thorough legal preparation at an early stage is essential to success.
Drawing on years of experience and expertise, our corporate lawyers can advise you on all aspects of major transactions, restructuring or reorganizations, including M&A due diligence reviews. If other areas of law are implicated, they will also work with our in-house specialists to ensure that all relevant legal issues are properly addressed.
Liability of managing directors, executive boards and supervisory boards
The liability of managing directors as well as members of executive and supervisory boards is a major issue because of the strict regulation of corporations under corporate law in Germany. Our corporate law attorneys can advise on all aspects of director and supervisory board liability - both as regards preventative measures as well as litigation representation both in and out-of-court.
Our corporate law services include:
- Support and advice for companies new to the German market, including the selection of an appropriate German legal form,
- Advice on German immigration law and complete support with all aspects of applying for German visas and residence and employment permits (including the EU Blue Card),
- Mergers and acquisitons of German companies,
- Sales of German subsidiaries,
- Counsel and advice on regulatory compliance with respect to all relevant German tax and financial laws, including regulatory rules for banking & finance,
- Counsel and advice on all dealings and interactions with German financial authorities (e.g. BaFin),
- Compliance audits and preparation of compliance programs,
- Negotiation and drafting of business agreements and general terms and conditions,
- Drafting of contracts with suppliers, employees and other business partners,
- Handling all issues related to German employment law,
- Licensing and sublicensing of copyrights and trademarks,
- Guidance regarding the marketing of products in Germany, including franchising options,
- Examining business websites for compliance with German privacy law,
- Business litigation services, including defense against lawsuits or the pursuit of claims against other parties, in all courts throughout Germany.
International law firm network
Our attorneys have comprehensive experience assisting clients from all over the world with a wide range of German legal matters. Whether your legal matter concerns Germany exclusively, or Germany, the EU and other third countries, we can help: As part of an international network of law firms we can provide you with all of the legal counsel you need (almost) anywhere in the world.
Your German corporate law attorneys
You can contact our attorneys for any issues regarding corporate law in Germany by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (+49 69 76 75 77 80).
Do you need support?
Do you have questions about our services or would you like to arrange a personal consultation? We look forward to hearing from you! Please fill in the following information.
Or give us a call: +49 69 76 75 77 80