Phillipp von Raven
German Attorney at Law
Attorney Phillipp von Raven specializes in the fields of German corporate law and M&A/corporate acquisition as well as international business law and general cross-border commercial law. He has extensive experience in venture capital and private equity transactions as well as international joint ventures and is an expert on franchise agreements. In the field of corporate law, he counsels clients on matters including shareholder disputes, transformations, mergers and other complex restructurings.
He advises German medium-sized enterprises and venture capital companies, as well as international corporations. Phillipp von Raven has overseen and provided legal advice on M&A transactions and joint ventures in Germany, France, Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, Russia, the Middle East, South Africa and Japan.
Phillipp von Raven has over 17 years of professional experience. Prior to joining WINHELLER, he worked for 14 years at the US law firm Jones Day in the M&A and Corporate Law practice group. Furthermore, he worked at a major German business law firm for two years.
He is a renowned lecturer for M&A and corporate law issues and has lectured at the Institute for Law and Finance at Goethe University in Frankfurt, Germany and at the Ruhr University in Bochum, Germany.
- M&A Transactions
- Corporate Law
- Joint Ventures
- Private Equity
- Venture Capital
- International Business Law
- Commercial Law
- Canaria Holding GmbH
Execution of the sale of SEK Zollagentur GmbH to KGH Customs Services
- CareerBuilder LLC
Advice on corporate and commercial law
- Kape Technologies plc
Advice on the acquisition of ZenGuard GmbH in Berlin
- Mesa Laboratories, Inc.
Successful purchase of the SIMICON GmbH in Munich
- Mesa Laboratories, Inc.
Advice on the acquisition of BAG Health Care GmbH’s Hygiene Monitoring Business
- Sodexo Beteiligungs BV. & Co. KG.
Comprehensive corporate law advice
- M&A Transactions in Germany, Phillipp von Raven, Primerus Paradigm, Fall 2017, p. 32f.
- Management Liability Based On Inadequate Due Diligence In Corporate Acquisitions, Phillipp von Raven, German M&A and Private Equity News, 2008
- Der Beteiligungsvertrag, Thomas Jesch, Phillipp von Raven, Anja Wischermann, Verlag Recht und Wirtschaft, 2005
Associations and Volunteering
- German-American Lawyers‘ Association (DAJV e.V.) - department of M&A
- American Chamber of Commerce in Germany e.V. (AmCham)
- Mentor at the founding initiative Forum KIEDRICH
Continuous TrainingBRAK Certificate 2018-2020
Certificate of the Frankfurt Bar Association 2018-2020
German, English, basics of Spanish and French