Dr. Annette Wagemann
Director, Attorney at Law, Certified Specialist for Banking and Capital Markets Law
Dr. Annette Wagemann advises on banking and capital markets law at the Frankfurt/Main and Karlsruhe offices and is specialized in banking supervisory law. The focus of her expertise is on legal advice at the interface of banking and financial services with virtual platforms and blockchain technology.
Her clients include medium-sized companies as well as international listed corporations. She is a lecturer at conferences and training events for supervisory and executive board members as well as managing directors and executives, in particular from the financial sector.
Dr. Annette Wagemann mainly advises on the following topics:
- BaFin licenses, market entry, EU passport, branch institutions
- Banking and financial services
- Crypto assets and blockchain, ICO, crypto custody business
- Leasing and factoring
- Payment services and e-money
- Online marketplaces and trading platforms
- Online stores
- Legal reporting obligations and money laundering prevention
- Social media platforms
- Compliance and external compliance officer activities
- Planning and implementation of compliance management systems (CMS) including risk management/risk assessment
- Corporate governance, directors and officers liability and D&O insurances
Her industry focus is on financial services, retail, e-commerce and real estate.
Before joining WINHELLER, she was a syndicate member and held responsible management positions as General Councel and Chief Compliance Officer in the areas of legal and compliance, among others at the Hornbach Group and MLP Finanzberatung SE (formerly MLP AG). Here she also headed the tax department. Prior to that, she worked as an attorney in tax law at the international law firm Clifford Chance LLP (formerly Pünder, Volhard, Weber & Axster) in Frankfurt/Main.
Dr. Annette Wagemann studied at the University of Mannheim and at the German University of Administrative Sciences Speyer. She completed her legal clerkship at the Karlsruhe Higher Regional Court. Her doctoral thesis in International Insurance Contract Law was awarded the Research Prize of the Foundation for the Promotion of Insurance Science at the University of Mannheim. Dr. Annette Wagemann was admitted to the bar in 1996.
Do you need support?
Do you have questions about our services or would you like to arrange a personal consultation? We look forward to hearing from you! Please fill in the following information.
Or give us a call: +49 69 76 75 77 80