Michael Rudolf Kissler
German Attorney at Law
Michael Rudolf Kissler provides advice of counsel in the areas of banking and capital markets law, compliance, IT law and data protection. His clients include, in particular, FinTech businesses, start-ups, medium-sized companies and entrepreneurs.
Michael Kissler supports clients in affairs relating to banking supervisory law including licensing issues, payment transactions and securities trading law. He also advises on the structuring of compliance, money laundering and data protection organization as well as in all matters relating to the law of cryptocurrencies. His industry focus is on banking, financial services and tech start-ups.
Before joining WINHELLER, Michael Rudolf Kissler worked for various start-ups, including Trade Republic and the law firm Ashurst in Frankfurt/Main as well as PricewaterhouseCoopers in Essen.
Michael Kissler studied law at the University of Bielefeld, completed a semester abroad at the University of Canterbury in New Zealand and obtained his Master of Laws (LL.M.) in international business law at Kozminski University (Akademia Leona Koźmińskiego) in Warsaw. He completed his legal clerkship at the District Court of Dortmund with further appointments in Frankfurt/Main, Hamm and Berlin. He has been active in the crypto scene since 2013 and is a certified drone pilot.
In addition to his work at WINHELLER, he is employed as Head of Legal and Co-Founder of a FinTech.
- Banking supervisory law
- Capital markets law
- Crypto law
- Compliance (particularly for banks and financial service providers)
- IT law
- Data protection law
- Drone law
- Advising a FinTech business in the field of crypto trading
- Activity as an in-house lawyer and Compliance Manager at Trade Republic GmbH
- Activity as a Data Protection Officer for a FinTech business in the crypto sector
- Review and implementation of licensing procedures according to the German Banking Act (KWG) for FinTech businesses
- Design of the written order (esp. CMS, ICS, money laundering and data protection) for FinTech businesses
- Legal design of new financial products for a FinTech business
- The Digital Identity, Michael Kissler, in: Digital Authentication, Frank Arretz (ed.), Finanz Colloquium Heidelberg, 2022
- Crypto stocks: Implementation of the FATF Recommendations in Germany, Michael Kissler, Online Journal Compliance, 11/2020
- Crypto stocks: Guidance and specifics regarding the prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing, Michael Kissler, Compliance Advisor, CB 2020, p. 418
- Guidance on crypto securities and crypto custody under the recent amendment to the German Banking Act, Michael Kissler, Corporate Finance, 2020, pp. 200ff.
Associations and Volunteering
- Startup Teens GmbH, Mentor
- ArbeiterKind.de gGmbH
- German-Polish Lawyers Association e.V.
- Berlin Bar Association e.V.
- German Bar Association e.V.
German, English, Polish