We are providing the following information to give you an overview of how we process the personal data you give to us when subscribing to our newsletter and your rights under data protection law.
1. Who is responsible for data processing and how can you contact them?
For the purposes of data processing, the controller is:
WINHELLER Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
60327 Frankfurt am Main
Phone: +49 (0) 69 76 75 77 80
Fax: +49 (0) 69 76 75 77 810
If you have any queries concerning data processing, please do not hesitate to contact us. Your contact person is our data protection officer. You can contact him/her by writing to the address at the top of this policy adding "For the attention of the data protection officer" or by e-mailing us at:
Processing your query is a top priority for us. Our data protection officer will get back to you promptly.
2.What sources and data do we use?
We process personal data that we receive from you when subscribing to our newsletter.
Relevant data comprises, in particular, the form of address, your name, e-mail address, academic title, if any, and the newsletter you have chosen.
In addition, we process personal log data that are automatically collected for technical reasons when you subscribe or cancel your subscription to the newsletter. This data includes, in particular, your IP address, the time of subscription or cancellation, your choice of language and the lead source.
We also process data allowing us to analyze your user behavior using so-called web beacons (tracking pixels). The data processed in this context includes your IP address, your accesses and access frequency to our newsletters.
For the subscription to the newsletter, we are using the so-called double opt-in procedure, which means that we will not make the newsletter available to you until you have explicitly confirmed that you wish us to activate your subscription. Once you have gone through the subscription process, we will send a message to your e-mail address and ask you to click on a link in this e-mail to confirm that you wish to receive our newsletter. Your newsletter subscription will not be activated until you have confirmed it.
3.For which purposes do we process your data and on what legal basis?
We process your data in compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the German Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz; "BDSG").
The processing of your personal data enables us to send you the newsletter you have chosen. The form of address and the name you have provided when subscribing to our newsletter will be used by us to personalize our newsletter.
In addition, we use your e-mail address within the double opt-in procedure to confirm your subscription.
a.Data processing based on your consent (Art. 6 (1) 1st subparagraph, lit. (a) GDPR)
The processing of your personal data will be carried out based on the consent you have given to us. You may withdraw such consent at any time. Please note that your withdrawal will have effect for the future only. It does not apply to any processing carried out before your withdrawal. Art. 6 (1) 1st subparagraph, lit. (a) GDPR is the legal basis which allows us to carry out these processing operations.
b.Data processing for our legitimate interests (Art. 6 (1) 1st subparagraph, lit. (f) GDPR)
Furthermore, we process your personal data as necessary for our or a third party's legitimate interests. This may be nec-essary, in particular:
- for confirming your subscription as part of the double opt-in procedure;
- for analyzing your user behavior with the aim of improving our newsletter contents;
- for providing the web applications allowing you to subscribe to our newsletters;
- in individual cases for providing information about our own services.
Art. 6 (1) 1st subparagraph, point (f) GDPR is the legal basis which allows us to carry out these processing operations.
4.Who receives your data?
Within WINHELLER, your data will be received by those employees who are in charge of processing them. In addition, other so-called processors, as defined in Art. 28 GDPR, may receive your data in the course of services they are provid-ing, like hosting or newsletter services.
We will not transfer your personal data to any other third party.
5.How long will your data be stored?
Your personal data collected by us in the context of your newsletter subscription will be processed by us as long as nec-essary for sending you the newsletters.
If you cancel your newsletter subscription, your personal data will be deleted immediately.
6.Will your data be transferred to a third country or an international organization?
No data will be transmitted to any country outside the EU and/or the EEA (so-called third countries) or to any international organization.
7.What data privacy rights do you have?
You have the right:
- pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR, to withdraw your consent at any time. You can withdraw your consent by clicking the unsubscribe button in our newsletter. In this case, we will stop the data processing based on this consent in the future;
- pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR, to access your personal data that are being processed by us;
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, to ask us to immediately rectify or complete any personal data we hold about you which is inaccurate or incomplete;
- pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, to ask us to erase any personal data we hold about you, unless processing is required for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for rea-sons of public interest, or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data where you contest the accu-racy of the personal data, where the processing is unlawful but you oppose the erasure of the data and we no longer need the data, though you still need the data for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims or you have objected to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Section 20 GDPR, to ask us to transmit the personal data you have provided to us either to yourself or to another controller in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format.
If you wish to exercise any of your legal rights, please contact us or our data protection officer by writing an informal communication in text form to: email@example.com.
8.Do you have an obligation to provide data?
There is no requirement for you to provide us with your data for the above referenced purposes. However, if you do not provide your personal data, we will be unable to send the newsletter to you.
9.To what extent is there automated decision-making (including profiling)?
We are not using any decision-making based solely on automated processing pursuant to Art. 22 GDPR.
10.To what extent will your personal data be used for profiling (scoring)?
We do not process your personal data with the aim of assessing certain personal aspects (profiling).
11.Right to lodge a complaint
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of the personal data relating to you infringes the general data protection regulation. In general, you may address the super-visory authority of your habitual residence, place of work or our domicile. The supervisory authority competent for Win-heller is:
Der Hessische Datenschutzbeauftragte
Phone: +49 (0) 61 11 40 80
Fax: +49 (0) 61 11 40 89 00
12.Right to object
Where your personal data is processed based on legitimate interests, pursuant to Art. 6 (1) 1st subparagraph, point (f) GDPR, you may object to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR. In the event that you object, we will stop processing your data, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override your rights and freedoms, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
In individual cases we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You have the right to object to us pro-cessing our personal data for direct marketing purposes at any time.
If you wish to do so, please send an informal message in text form to Winheller or our data protection officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.