German Attorney at Law
Attorney Boris Piekarek specializes in developing wealth management structures (including the selection of appropriate legal forms) for companies, real estate owners and investors, and high net worth individuals. His key competency is optimizing wealth management with respect to all aspects of German real estate law, corporate law, and tax law. The structures are based on an in-depth review and analysis of all relevant private and business risks thereby protecting our clients' often complex asset and income sources while minimizing tax burdens and ensuring continued appreciation and tax compliance.
Attorney Piekarek has extensive experience with the use of the following German legal vehicles for asset protection and asset growth:
- Family pool GbRs (civil law partnerships),
- Family pool KGs (limited partnerships),
- Asset or real estate GmbHs (limited liability companies),
- GmbH & Co. KGs (limited partnerships in which the general partner is a limited liability company) and
- Family foundations and business owner foundations.
Another major focus of Attorney Piekarek’s work is providing comprehensive legal and tax support in real estate investments, including the negotiation of real estate sale and purchase agreements. He has successfully advised clients on a wide range of projects involving industrial and retail commercial properties, greenfield projects, , freehold apartments and residential housing.
Boris Piekarek studied law at Bayreuth University, Germany. Before joining WINHELLER, he was associated with a Berlin-based firm specializing in tax law, corporate law, and venture capital; and later managed his own law firm. Right after law school, Attorney Piekarek gained his first experiences in international commercial law at a leading international law firm in San Francisco.
Attorney Piekarek is a frequent lecturer on topics related to wealth management – including investment strategies, tax planning and investment vehicles. The target audiences for his lectures and seminars are typically business people from all walks of life, real estate owners and investors, high net worth individuals and in-house counsel and focus on one or more of the following topics:
- Legal asset diversification
- Private-benefit foundations and family foundations
- Family-owned companies and
- Real estate investments.
Associations and Volunteering
- Immobilien Investment Club
- Rechtsformvergleich zwischen Stiftung und GmbH als Holding: Vor- und Nachteile bei der Übertragung von Vermögen, Christian Kempges and Boris Piekarek, NWB Erben und Vermögen,04.11.2020, p. 382 ff.
- Familienstiftungen und Immobilien - Gestaltungsüberlegungen aus der anwaltlichen Praxis, Stefan Winheller and Boris Piekarek, ZStV, 04/2018, p. 153f
- Immobilienvermögen optimal strukturieren: Familiengesellschaften & Familienstiftungen, Boris Piekarek, Privates Eigentum - Zeitschrift für Haus-, Grund- und Wohnungseigentümer im Rhein-Main-Gebiet, April 2017, 58/04, p. 6f
Recent blog posts Boris Piekarek
Do you need support?
Do you have questions about our services or would you like to arrange a personal consultation? We look forward to hearing from you! Please fill in the following information.
Or give us a call: +49 69 76 75 77 80