German Attorney at Law, External Data Protection Officer
Attorney Olga Stepanova works for WINHELLER in the areas of IT law, intellectual property and data protection. Her main fields of expertise include trademark law, copyright law, and competition law. She provides advisory services (e.g. development of a trademark strategy, trademark registration, license agreements) and represents our clients in cases involving the judicial or extra-judicial enforcement or defense of such rights (e.g. warnings). In addition, she advises on any issues relating to electronic and mobile commerce, IT law, and blockchain-based business models.
As regards data protection law, she mainly advises on the General Data Protection Regulation. She analyses data protection compliance of companies and (charitable) nonprofit organizations and develops tailor-made intra-company data management systems and IT-security concepts.
Her clients not only include startups and high-growth companies that she assists in implementing new business ideas, but also long-established companies where she helps to bring legal affairs up to date.
She advises our Russian clients in their mother tongue and is a member of our Russian Desk.
Olga Stepanova studied at Münster University. She served her legal traineeship at Dortmund Regional Court including placements at the Düsseldorf Chamber of Industry and Commerce and an international corporate law firm in Istanbul, Turkey. Prior to joining WINHELLER, she worked for the Frankfurt-based corporate law firm Arnecke Sibeth. She likes to spend her free time with design and photography.
- Blockchain and GDPR, 24th data protection round table, Frankfurt/Main, 05.03.2020
- Blockchain and GDPR – tackling the biggest issues with Olga Stepanova, The Blockchain Lawyer, 11.02.2020
- Public Blockchains with Nodes in Third Countries, Blockchain, Sustainable Development and Privacy, Berlin, 26.11.2019
- Blockchain and GDPR - A perfect match for three reasons, TechWeek, Frankfurt/Main, 13.11.2019
- Data Protection within the Blockchain, KryptoLogisch Webinar, 09.04.2019
- Panel discussion, ChainPoint'18, Yerevan, Armenia, 14.11.2018
- AIDS-Hilfe Hessen e.V.
External Data Protection Officer, advice on privacy law
- Asian Airline
Advice on the implementation of the GDPR
- Deutsche Herzstiftung e.V.
Creation of a comprehensive data protection concept
- Dr. Jürgen und Irmgard Ulderup Stiftung
Establishment of a comprehensive data protection concept
- Emerald Industries L.L.C.
Advice on trademark law
- Förderverein PRO ASYL e.V.
Advice on data protection and the implementation of the GDPR, creation of a comprehensive data protection concept
- Selbsthilfe e.V.
Creation of a detailed data protection concept and provision of the External Data Protection Officer
Advice on data protection issues, in particular in the field of third-country transfer of health data, as well as support of the company's data protection officer
- Stiftung des öffentlichen Rechts zur Aufarbeitung von Verbrechen der Staatssicherheit der DDR
External Data Protection Officer, implementation of the GDPR
- Technical University of Applied Sciences Lübeck
Legal opinion on blockchain-based administration and verification of university certificates, in particular assessment of data protection requirements and advice on the use of Salt and Pepper
- DIN SPEC 4997 – Privacy by Blockchain Design: A standardised model for processing personal data using blockchain technology, Beuth Verlag, 04/2020
- The Privacy, Data Protection and Cybersecurity Law Review – Chapter 12 – Germany, Olga Stepanova and Florian Groothuis, Law Business Research, p. 180–188, 6th edition 2019
- The Privacy, Data Protection and Cybersecurity Law Review - Chapter 11 – Germany, Olga Stepanova, Law Business Research, 10/2018, p. 146–153, 5th edition 2018
Associations and Volunteering
- German-Russian Lawyers' Association
- German Bar Association
- Intellectual property and media group of the German Bar Association
Continuous TrainingTÜV NORD Certification Data Protection Officer
Maastricht University: Data Protection Officer (DPO) Certification
German, English, Russian, French
Recent blog posts
06.05.2020 - Olga Stepanova
07.04.2020 - Olga Stepanova
03.04.2020 - Olga Stepanova
Among 398 companies, WINHELLER has made it into the 2020 best list in the field of tax law.